Saucony Endorphin Shift
The Saucony Endorphin Shift is a very good and comfortable heavy duty trainer that is ideal for daily runs.
- Great comfort
- Efficient and springy cushioning
- Sturdy shoe
- Comfortable lockdown
- Appealing design
- A bit heavy
- Relatively narrow shoe, especially the toe box
Specification: Saucony Endorphin Shift
Best offersback to menu ↑
- Firstly, XT-900 equips the outsole of the Saucony Endorphin Shift. This translates into a high-quality carbon rubber in the areas of the outsole that are at risk of rapid wear and tear. The outsole also provides great traction on the road, even in bad weather, to prevent accidental slipping.
- The midsole uses the PWRRUN cushioning technology : a soft, lightweight foam made of a blend of EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) and TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane). It equips the midsole on its entire length and disperses shocks at the moment of impact for optimal comfort.
- Furthermore, SPEEDROLL is an efficient sole design that aims to provide springy propulsion by ensuring a smooth transition from heel to toes while running. Among other things, this results in a firm forefoot and a high stack height.
- The upper of the Saucony Endorphin Shift uses an engineered ‘sandwich’ mesh to safely and comfortably lock down the foot. The mesh also comes with ventilation holes to allow your foot to breathe and prevent excessive perspiration when you go faster.
- Then, the FORMFIT technology is a system of overlays that wraps the foot in a tighter fit for better stability. FORMFIT replaces ISOFIT in 2020, which translates into a firmer foot lockdown without sacrificing comfort. Also, the overlays reinforce the upper to increase the sturdiness of the shoe.
- Finally, the TPU heel counter comfortably holds the heel for a more effective and comfortable lockdown during running.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does the Saucony Endorphin Shift run true to size?
Is this model suitable for overpronation?
Is this shoe suitable for heavy athletes (80 kg/176 lbs or more)?
Are these shoes suitable for running a marathon or half marathon?
Comparisons – Saucony Endorphin Shift vs :
Saucony Endorphin Pro
The Pro version is intended for competition. Indeed, it is the first shoe of the brand to be equipped with a carbon plate to improve propulsion. Moreover, its chassis is much lighter and more springy than the Shift’s one. However, the Shift is better suited for daily training at a moderate pace. Ideally, if your budget allows it, you can use both in rotation: the Shift for your run-of-the-mill running sessions and the Pro for your speed sessions and official races.