Salomon Sonic 3 Confidence
The Salomon Sonic 3 Confidence is a good comfortable road running shoe – the most padded of the Sonic family.
- Good overall comfort
- Firm and thick midsole to combine shock absorption and springe
- A sturdy shoe that can last a while
- Good stability (note that it's a neutral shoe)
- Heel counter a bit loose that impedes the foot lockdown
- Lacks a bit of breathability
- Runs large
Specification: Salomon Sonic 3 Confidence
Best offersback to menu ↑
- To begin with, we find Contagrip on the outsole of the Solomon Sonic 3 Confidence. It is a blown rubber, a lightweight and flexible material that allows the shoe to follow the movements of the foot for more bounce and springe. This is especially important during the propulsion phase when the foot pushes the ground to launch the body. In addition, you can easily tackle road surfaces even in the rain thanks to the platform’s great grip.
- The outsole of this road shoe also has flex grooves that allow the sole to bend to accompany the foot’s movements during the stride. Thus, their objective is to allow for greater flexibility for greater comfort.
- Finally, the four-part decoupled configuration is designed to better isolate the impact on each important part of the foot as the stride unfolds for more effective cushioning and a better transition from the heel to the forefoot.
- The midsole features the Optivibe cushioning technology. This is a foam material composed of olefin from the Dow Infuse brand. It is known for its softness and natural bounce, making it an ideal choice for sports shoes. It ensures that it absorbs shocks throughout the run for greater comfort. In addition, this configuration should offer maximum responsiveness for a more bouncy ride.
- Lastly, the OrthoLite insole conforms to the anatomy of the foot and completes the cushioning of the shoe. It also improves the ventilation by wicking away moisture.
- The upper of the Salomon Sonic 3 Confidence features an engineered mesh. This configuration provides a snug foot lockdown and allows air to circulate for a pleasantly cool feel.
- Furthermore, the Ortholite Impressions technology consists of a thin foam tongue that hugs the contour of the upper part of the foot. It uses 50% bio-oil to limit its impact on the environment.