Salomon Sonic 3 Balance
The Salomon Sonic 3 Balance is a versatile road running shoe with moderate cushioning well suited for mid to long distances.
- Good overall comfort
- Effective and responsive cushioning, ideal for mid to long distances
- Great foot lockdown
- Effective traction
- Some users found the tongue a bit uncomfortable
- A bit heavy and rigid for faster paces
Specification: Salomon Sonic 3 Balance
Best offersback to menu ↑
- First of all, the outsole of the Salomon Sonic 3 Balance uses Contagrip. This consists of blown rubber, a type of light and soft material that improves the flexibility of the shoe to allow it to follow the movements of the foot during the run. This is important as the foot pushes the ground to propel the body forward. In addition, you can run smoothly on asphalt even when it rains thanks to the platform’s amazing grip.
- Next, Geometric Decoupling also equips the outsole of this road shoe. It translates into a symmetrical design that should facilitate the transition from heel to toe. The expected result is a smoother ride.
- The midsole features the Optivibe cushioning technology. This is a type of padding material made with olefin from the Dow Infuse brand. This technology is known for its softness and natural bounce, making it perfect for running shoes. It ensures maximum shock dispersion during running for optimal comfort. This technology also ensures optimal energy return for a more springy ride.
- Besides, the JPAD unit made of rubberized EVA foam at the heel is designed to better attenuate impacts and reduce vibrations during the run. In addition, it’s memory foam, meaning it adapts to the shape of the foot and stays in place for the next run.
- Lastly, the comfortable OrthoLite insole padded the interior of the shoe and molds to the foot to complete the cushioning of the shoe. It also helps to avoid moisture.
- The upper of the Salomon Sonic 3 Balance uses an engineered mesh. This configuration is designed to hold the foot securely during training for ideal comfort. In addition, perforations in the mesh allow your foot to breathe while exercising, especially when the pace increases.
- In addition, Internal SensiFit contributes to better foot lockdown. It consists of printed overlays and fabric eyelets connected to the laces. This configuration is rather discreet so that you don’t notice it while running.
- Finally, the OrthoLite Impressions technology is a thin foam tongue that follows the contour of the instep. It uses 50% bio-oil to reduce its ecological footprint.