The On Cloudboom is the first shoe of the Swiss brand to feature a carbon plate. Analysis of reviews coming soon!
Specification: On Cloudboom
Best offersback to menu ↑
- First of all, there is durable rubber on the outer part of the On Cloudboom’s sole. It offers high abrasion resistance and provides amazing traction on roads even when it rains to prevent falls.
- Then, the special traction pattern of the rubber provides an effective grip and increases the flexibility of the platform to best adapt to the athlete’s movements.
- The midsole features the Helion cushioning technology. It’s a new generation lightweight and naturally bouncy foam launched by On Running in 2020. It offers a good balance between softness and firmness and works in tandem with the Speedboard carbon plate. Helion disperses shocks at the moment of impact while maximizing the energy return for a comfortable and snappy ride.
- This model also features the emblematic technology of the Swiss brand : CloudTec. It consists of pods shaped like alveoli called Clouds. This technology aims to offer a comfortable ride by improving the cushioning of the platform. On the Cloudboom, there are two layers of Clouds: one under the Speedboard plate and one on top.
- Finally, the Speedboard is a carbon plate that strives to maximize the running economy by facilitating a smoother transition from heel to toes. Nike was the first brand to use carbon fiber for its plates but Speedboard is a major technology that the Swiss brand has been using since its beginnings. Cloudboom is the first On model to feature Speedboard in Carbon.
- The On Cloudboom upper translates into an engineered mesh. This is designed to effectively locks-in the foot securely during training for optimal comfort. In addition, it is naturally breathable to ensure good ventilation and prevent the foot from becoming too hot during exercise.
- In addition, the overlays in the forefoot area increase the foot lockdown and the structure of the upper for greater durability of the shoe. Also, these overlays are designed to stabilize the run when taking turns.