New Balance FuelCell 890 v8
The New Balance FuelCell 890 v8 is a good shoe with firm cushioning for speed training.
- Comfortable foot support
- Lightweight shoe
- Nice design
- A wide and stable shoe without rigidity
- Firm cushioning that will appeal to runners looking for this type of configuration
- Cushioning that lacks responsiveness bounce according to several runners
- Doubts about the durability of rubber under the forefoot
- Higher weight compared to the previous model
Specification: New Balance FuelCell 890 v8
Best offersback to menu ↑
- First of all, Ground Contact REVlite technology equips the outsole of the New Balance FuelCell 890 v8. This translates into a lightweight and robust rubber that promotes total ground contact for better traction and greater range of motion. In addition, the runner can confidently run on the road even in the rain thanks to the shoe’s effective grip.
- Moreover, Rubber Pods are also included as part of the outsole of this road model. This technology consists of rubber modules with one located under the heel and the other under the forefoot. This strategic positioning aims to improve durability by increasing the shoe’s resistance.
- The midsole uses the FuelCell cushioning technology. This is a lightweight and flexible foam that is designed to provide 39% more rebound than REVlite, another leading cushioning technologies by New Balance. Its goal is to provide maximum shock absorption during the run for more comfort. In addition, this configuration tries to offer maximum responsiveness to make the ride more springy.
- The upper of the New Balance FuelCell 890 v8 features an engineered mesh. The purpose of this mesh is to hold comfortably the foot during the run. In addition, its structure naturally let the foot breath to it from overheating during your training.
- Furthermore, the gusseted tongue improves foot support by distributing the pressure of the tongue evenly over the top of your foot. Also, notably, the tongue does not deviate during the run thanks to this design.
- Finally, this running shoe uses the last PL-6, a special design that’s supposed to fit all foot shapes.