Hoka One One Torrent 2
The Hoka One One Torrent 2 is an excellent trail running shoe that is both lightweight and effective for going fast and far on the toughest terrains. One of the best shoes of 2020!
- Great comfort
- Very grippy
- Improved upper that provides a soft and secure fit
- Lightweight trail shoe
- A model that will appeal to runners interested in Hoka but who prefer a moderately thick sole
- Effective cushioning despite the moderate stack height
- Long and inconvenient laces
- Upper a little warm for the summer
Specification: Hoka One One Torrent 2
Best offersback to menu ↑
- First of all, the outsole of Hoka One One Torrent 2 uses a sticky marbled rubber that is specially designed to provide maximum abrasion resistance. This configuration allows for impeccable grip on the most technical trails. The shoe thus offers safe traction both uphill and downhill.
- In addition, the outsole of this trail model also features multidirectional lugs. These rubber elements with a sharp design increase grip for the most demanding trail conditions.
- The midsole is equipped with the PROFLY cushioning technology. This is a foam-based compound soft in the heel and firm under the forefoot. It aims to disperse the shock at the moment of impact while providing fast and efficient propulsion. PROFLY offers the perfect balance between propulsion and protection, as well as a smooth transition from heel to toe.
- The upper of the Hoka One One Torrent 2 uses an engineered mesh made from recycled materials. This configuration is designed to keep the foot securely in place during trail sessions for optimal comfort. Moreover, the mesh is equipped with ventilation holes to allow the foot to breathe and prevent it from getting too hot during the effort when the pace increases.
- overlays improve the foot lockdown and upper structure to extend the life of the shoe.
- Lastly, there’s also a toe cap and a rubber band integrated into the upper to protect the foot and the shoe from impacts.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How does the Hoka One One Torrent 2 fit?
Is this trail model suitable for heavy athletes (85kg/187lb or more)?
Are these shoes suitable for ultra-trail running?
Is this shoe waterproof?
Comparisons – Hoka Torrent 2 vs :
Hoka One One Torrent
The first version of the Torrent was already a great success thanks to a lightweight and effective configuration. This second model offers a more comfortable and safer upper and slightly better traction. We, therefore, recommend the Torrent 2, but if you find the v1 for less than £/$100, it can be a very good deal!
Hoka One One Speedgoat 4
The Speedgoat 4 offers much more generous cushioning with a 32 mm thick sole under the heel (compared to 23 mm for the Torrent 2). This is noticeable in terms of weight, with 50g (1.76oz) more on the SG4, which is not insignificant. The level of protection is equivalent but the grip of the Torrent 2 is a bit better. Choose the Speedgoat for comfortable long runs and the Torrent 2 for difficult trails that require impeccable grip.
Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6
These two trail shoes offer similar configurations in terms of weight, comfort, cushioning and versatility. However, the Hoka Torrent 2 has better grip thanks to more numerous and more aggressive lugs (the Kiger 6 has no lugs under the middle of the foot).
Hoka One One Challenger ATR 5
With a similar weight and more cushioning, the Challenger ATR 5 is positioned between the Torrent and the Speedgoat in the Hoka range. The Torrent 2 seems nevertheless more adapted for difficult trails thanks to its excellent foothold which gives better stability.
Salomon Sense Pro 4
Difficult to determine a clear winner between these two trail staples. They have indeed similar configurations and are just as effective on the most difficult terrains. Trailers who have tested both do note that the upper of the Sense Pro 4 offers slightly safer support while the cushioning of the Torrent 2 is more comfortable.