Altra Escalante 2
The Altra Escalante 2 is a good, simple and effective zero drop road shoe with light cushioning.
- Good comfort
- Responsive cushioning with good ground feeling
- Improved foot support
- Nice, simple and efficient design
- Heavier compared to the previous model despite a thinner sole
- Platform a bit too rigid according to some runners
Specification: Altra Escalante 2
Best offersback to menu ↑
- The outsole of the Altra Escalante 2 uses the FootPod Outsole technology. It is designed to follow the natural shape of the foot for more comfort and flexibility while running. It gives maximum freedom of movement for a better transition from heel to toes. In addition, it offers effective traction on urban surfaces.
- The midsole features the Altra Ego cushioning technology. This material promises a comfortable and responsive underfoot support by maximising the energy return. Its aim is to offer lively running sensations to have fun during your training sessions. Altra Ego is also robust to withstand the wear and tear of kilometers.
- Then, the Inner Flex technology consists in a set of flex grooves that should improve the platform’s flexibility so as not to hinder foot movement. This is a new addition to the previous model.
- Finally, the FOOTSHAPE design works hand in hand with FootPod to fit the foot as naturally as possible to offer exceptional comfort while respecting the foot’s anatomy.
- The Altra Escalante 2 uses a knitted mesh as upper. Its sock-like design comfortably envelops the foot while providing adequate ventilation during the effort.
- In addition, the Dri-Lex Dri-Freeze Heel Liner promises to control the temperature inside the shoe to keep the foot cool during training.
- The Decoupled Heel design at the heel and the PFS Performance Last configuration should provide a comfortable fit for a softer foot support.
- Finally, the polyurethane (PU) insole completes the comfort and cushioning of the shoe. It aims to achieve the right balance between flexibility and firmness for optimal support of the arch of the foot.