The Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra 2017 were the shoes that François D'haene was wearing during his victory at the Ultra Trail du Mont-Blanc 2017 (UTMB®)! Salomon has been leading the pack for a while now when it comes to trail running shoes and equipment. The S/Lab Sense Ultra 2017 (replacement of the S/Lab Sense Ultra 6) doesn't disappoint with its excellent grip on all types of terrains, including wet and muddy trails. We only regret its high price point–the price to pay to run in François D'haene's shoes?
- Quite lightweight for trail shoes with this level of protection
- Very durable
- Good protection and support
- Excellent all terrain grip
- Great overall running sensations
- A bit pricy
- Terrain: Trail
- Arch support: Neutral
- Heel to toe drop: 9 mm
- Weight: 260 grams
- Release year: 2017
- The outsole of the Salomon S/Lab Sense Ultra 2017 is made of EVA Foam ‘Dual Density Compressed’
- The shoe features the technologies Contagrip and Wet Traction (premium rubber) for a better grip on wet terrains.
- EnergyCell+ is a special material that Salomon claims to provide traction and cushioning while also improving the durability of the midsole.
- Breathable knitted upper that dries quickly. It’s doubled with a nylon layer to protect it from abrasion.
- Sock-like ENDOFIT™ structure that perfectly wraps around the foot inside the shoe for better support.
- SENSIFIT™ technology to safely maintain the position of the foot in the shoe.
- QUICKLACE™ lacing system with pocket
- ORTHOLITE® sockliner for better breathability and less humidity.